Wednesday, February 4, 2015

SINBOLS & SIGNS

Song of The Day /// Cathedrals - Harlem


THE WEEK OF JAN. 19 - 25
Here's the thing about me, when I'm upset I tend to find solitude in my car. I have a theory that the reason why I retreat there is because I know that I have freedom. Freedom to start over if I needed to. 

These past few days have been filled with symbols and signs. People and situations from the past that were in the edge of view are now in the foreground. I have a new chance to do things differently.

This past week at work, [wednesday] I had three teenagers pray for me. It was a slow night, people didn't come when the weather is constant rain and it took me for surprise. Surprise because it's something that nobody really thinks about, but I have. A lot has been weighting heavy on my mind, from my dad to far off items.  The guy who prayed for me asked me "Do you need prayer for anything? What can we ask God to do? Where does it hurt/where's the pain."  The last thing stuck with me, and that's the phrase he keep repeating. "Where does it hurt. Where's the pain?" He must have said it half a dozen times, but it had me thinking. Did I show this pain or hurt on my face? What do others see in me, The one guy from the trio keep pestering so much that I had to reveal my cross necklace from my shirt to justify that I am a Christian.

We prayed, I asked them to focus on personal growth and development, Our parting words were simple, he just reminded me to focus on god and to pray. The rest of the night was uneventful, I got cut within the hour of that prayer circle and sat in my car for a while. Reianna been home for awhile so I gave her a call because I wanted to talk to someone, she answered and it was brief. I felt a bit lost after and with the rain as the soundtrack to my thoughts I tried to focus on what pain I was dealing with and I couldn't come up with and answer. I played a few songs, "Harlem" was one of them and as the engine turned over I drove away with peace.

The next day, I bleached my bangs blond -- the color was more brass yellow with hints of orange.

Friday, I re-bleached and toned for a white/blond affect. I was trying to tone my hair a deep gray/silver color because I thought the juxtaposition of a youth striving for older features was whimsical. [Clearly I was the only one that thought so.]

That following Saturday night work was hectic, in the heat of it all that is four hour wait and 100 names on the waiting list. A kid from the same prayer group pointed me out, blond bangs and all and asked how I was doing. I took me a while to place him, but I jokingly pointed to my bangs and said, "Clearly a lot is happening in my life." Once again he reminded me to focus on god and to pray to him to seek answers. We parted ways, I felt strange by their interest, but in hindsight I thank God for putting those boys in my life, even for a moment.

Sunday, I won big.

No comments:

Post a Comment